Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Rice and more rice - Poem


Rice, rice and more rice
brown or white or wild rice
good nutrition at cheap price.

Rice, rice why this condemnation
keep carbs in check eat in moderation
rice helps people in many a nation.

Rice, rice you are so easy to cook
soft silky feel and that fluffy look
everybody loves you be a cop or crook.

Rice, rice this my report
you travel the world as an export
you land in my mouth without a passport.

Rice, rice there are many ways to taste you
steamed, fried or ferment to name a few
why do people love you give me a clue.

For your appreciation my dear poet I must thank you
you see God created me just to feed you
bye, got to go with vegetable stew.

© 2012 Vinay Phatak. All rights reserved.









1 comment:

  1. Dear @Vinay Phatak could not help myself a serving of Rice indeed, beautifully woven, written -
    So here I go, "Simply beautiful Rice!! Be Blessed Rice and poet both.. For together in broth, so well you have served.... Rice, Rice I cannot fathom my life without you. For rice, Rice - truly you add so much zing and spice ! Copyright Madhavi Sood 2012 :) Be Blessed Always... Hope you get to read and like my first book 'From the Silence Within' - its now available in all Oxford Book stores in Mumbai www.madhavisood.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete