Friday, July 6, 2012

Preposition


About something she was talking

Above the din, I heard nothing

Across the road, I saw a dog running

After a fox who looks stunning


Against all odds, he jumped the wall

Along the road to the water fall

Amid this commotion she was now walking

Among the cars near the fencing


Around the corner something was happening

At the intersection, there was smoke billowing

Before I could get up and check out

Behind me, there was a shout


Below, in the grass and dirt

Beneath the table, I saw a black skirt

Beside, her was a man with brown shoes

Between them a little girl with red big toes


Beyond them I could not really see

By now, I am running free

Down I cannot stay for long

During that time she came along


Except, that she was trembling

For, the man next to her was bleeding

From, the stone in the dirt

In, the ribs it really hurt


Into, the commotion I ran like rabbit

Like, it is my old habit

Near, the scene there was a gathering

Of, onlookers some were now darting


Off, the road near the water fall

On, the side street with trees tall

Onto, the concrete wall

Out, in the sky a chopper comes in

Over, the intersection cameras zoom in


Past, the gridlock an officer runs in haste

Since, there is no time to waste

Through, the simmering tension

Throughout, the intersection


To, control the situation from abnormal

Toward, the new normal

Under, the plume of smoke black and bad

Underneath, the wreck is trapped a lad


Until, now must be dead

Up, in the wreckage a trapped head

Upon, which the debris is stacked

With, effort he is separated



Within, minutes he is rushed away

Without Grace of god, he may pass away.


© Vinay Phatak 2012. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment